Isaac!!!


I have been SO bad about blogging that I decided it was time to blog again, since my life in Mississippi gives me so much spare time! As many of you know, hurricane Isaac hit this past week and I am excited to share my experience with everyone. Living in Utah we don't ever get as much rain as I have seen this past week. We are so used to snow and honestly, I prefer the snow.  I never thought I would say that but it is true. Can't wait for snow, this rain stuff is not super fun. The storm wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The only things I didn't enjoy were the not leaving the house, the zero power, and the I am totally alone part. Sam had to stay on base and I had to stay off! Luckily Sam enjoyed things like power and friends. I am SO grateful that we were kept safe during the storm and couldn't ask for more. I didn't feel like the hurricane was bad at all..I was actually really surprised about how worked up everyone was..but who knows? I don't know what really bad hurricanes are like and hopefully I will never have to. There was one tiny thing during the hurricane that did scare me, that I would like to mention. During the first night of the storm I was awaken by a very loud noise outside and a really really bright light coming through the window..at that point in time I was absolutely positive that it was aliens..but I knew I had to call Sam..I was terrified. It was a transformer arcing right outside. Except it actually wasn't that close to our apartment, it just seemed like it. After having nightmares about it and not being able to sleep for a few nights I am over it. I can finally sleep again and I feel Safe! That about sums it up for the hurricane experience. Hopefully if we are ever in this situation again, we can be together.



Rain gutters overflowing during Isaac

The sand on Beach Blvd. the day after Isaac had been plowed..

More Beach Blvd.

Transformer arc video


Comments

  1. I am so happy that you guys made it through okay...and that you weren't abducted by aliens! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, that would freak me out too! We're so glad you're both safe and it wasn't as bad as you were anticipating. Here's hoping that's the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September thoughts...

The truth about Anxiety

And Just Like That, They Were Gone…..