2015..What a Year!

Wow, what a year it has been, and I have been the worst blogger in the history of blogging. I plan on trying to be better come 2016 so we will see. 2015 started off rough, with anxiety and work and living in our tiny yet cute little village apartment. Little did we know at that point that we would buy a house and get two little adorable puppies. In January we thought our lives were pretty set, going to school, living near the university, our jobs were set, everything was fine. In May, we got word that my step dads' father would be selling his condo, and we decided to have a look. We LOVED the place and decided we would try to get going on getting a home loan so that we could own our own place and FINALLY have a garage.
We closed on our house on June 24 and painted the entire inside as well as replacing all of the light fixtures and switches and such. It was small touches that we redid, but it made all the difference and the home feels like ours. We have been so happy in our home and it has felt so good to feel like we are finally working towards owning something rather than renting. It was definitely a busy summer, we picked up our little baby Bucky on July 1st, and he has been such a lil cutie ever since, but we decided we wanted a little more love in our home so we decided to pick up his little brother Drax too! They are from the same litter, and play really well together(most of the time). It's been an exciting time with those two, but I definitely think that they have helped me feel less lonely while Sam works, and have helped with my anxiety a lot.
Sam had the opportunity to work at his Air National Guard base this fall, working with the Security Forces Squadron. It was a really great experience for him to work away from his Unit and he really enjoyed getting a taste of what that type of job would be like. Sam's uncle was active duty security forces for many years, so this was a very special experience for Sam to have. We have hopes that Sam will be able to get a full time Air Guard job since he has loved it so much.
I was able to get a new job this fall as well, working at Hunter High School in the library, and I LOVE it. Reading, as many of you know, is my passion, so this job might just be the best job I've ever had in my life. I am a pretty nerdy librarian and kids probably talk behind my back about my nerdy passion for books, but I totally don't care. If you don't like reading, you are the one with the problem, not me. :)
This is basically our year in a nutshell. We are so excited for Christmas and would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Love, the Coffey's










The year of the Apple Watch..... 
And weddings...
Puppies...
Star Wars....
And Christmas! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September thoughts...

The truth about Anxiety

And Just Like That, They Were Gone…..