The truth about Anxiety

I have been thinking about anxiety a lot lately, especially since I started following a page called "The Mighty". This page posts so many things about having anxiety and shares the truths that people do not understand about anxiety based on their followers experiences. It helps me a lot knowing that I am not the only one. I have often felt ashamed about my anxiety, and try to hide it from other people, even when it's threatening to crawl out and explode wherever I am....the thing is, I started to realize that when I read about anxiety, and it describes all of my crazy little quirks, I realize that no one would have written a book describing me, unless it was describing millions of others as well. As much as it is so great knowing that I am not alone in this awful struggle, it pains me to see others have the same struggles that I go through roughly everyday. I wish anxiety didn't exist, but it does, and somebody has to deal with it...this is my challenge, and I am really trying to control my life, instead of allowing my anxiety to control me. I wish I could say that I am pro at controlling my life, but I am not, and sometimes I will cancel plans, I will stay home, and I will be lame. Or I will go out and have a small mental breakdown where I feel the need to get out of there immediately with no explanation, and it's okay. Sometimes I feel that I am viewed as flaky, or boring, maybe even immature but the truth is I'm not. I just have different issues than you, and I'm still working on dealing with them. I may not always be able to do the things that you want me to do, but I will always try my best. I guess I am writing this post because it's been kind of rough lately and I feel like I am meeting new people who may not understand me, and it scares me. I guess I just want people to really know what it's like and to understand people like me who may not be able to express the way they feel. For those of you who would like to know more about mental illness, I would highly recommend that you follow The Mighty on Facebook, or at least check out their website http://themighty.com they really do have some amazing things on their. If you are dealing with mental illness, don't be ashamed, embrace the suck, and be strong. That's all.....

Comments

  1. So good! On so many levels! Good job fighting through the anxiety and for sharing it. Hiding it makes it stronger. Being vulnerable is also hard. I'll be your friend 😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September thoughts...

And Just Like That, They Were Gone…..