The big burn

I truly wish I had a picture for this one. Sam and I have been meaning to go swimming all summer long, and it didn't happen until this past Wednesday. We had one, well maybe two goals when we went to the pool. One, to get a sweet tan, and Two, to have fun with each other. We decided to go with the tanning oil instead of the sunscreen which we thought would make our tans even better! Well we get home and it's pretty obvious we have been in the sun all day. My tan is pretty good, and Sam, well he's about the same color he was when we got to the pool that morning. It wasn't until the next day that we realized how serious Sam had been burnt. It looked like he was just fried. Totally red and burnt. I felt really bad since I didn't get a burn but I tried to make Sam as comfortable as I could. I thought the burn would gradually get better, but the truth is, it has only gotten worse.There has been no sleep and lots of pain...so I have decided to compile a short list to help those of you who do not want to be in this situation.
1.  Sunscreen! Forget about the Tan. It's just not worth it!
2. Stay in the shade completely if for some reason you can't handle sunscreen!
3. Don't let your wife convince you that by wearing tanning oil, you and her will get a great tan. 
Good luck! And Happy Summer! 

Comments

  1. Why do you think I'm so white?! I hope it gets better soon.
    P.S. Loving all these blog posts! You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I am so glad someone is enjoying them. I feel like they are kinda dorky haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September thoughts...

The truth about Anxiety

And Just Like That, They Were Gone…..